Sunday, December 11, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Shelved WIP #1

The response to Gossamer has been overwhelming. I'm not quite ready to post any more from it, though, so for the next few weeks I'm going to be sharing a scene from my shelved WIP. In this scene, Lorre (age 12) is watching from under landscaping as his parents argue about him running off.

Fueled by anger, Mia Orner Deltay seemed to grow taller, her presence looming larger as she stepped one foot closer to her husband. Lorre felt as much as heard her voice when she asked his father one last time what he had done; her voice drew upon his skin like claws.

He watched as his father—the king's right hand and Voice—wilted in the heat of her fury. His mother was once elect to the queen’s throne. The boy had known that all his life, but for the first time, he saw the creature the Regents seeded in the body of a Gold House maiden more than twenty years ago. She terrified him.

Six Sentence Sunday is a blog hop that posts on Sundays, which is a great thing for bloggers who like to post regularly but don't always have something new to say. I'm participating in two. On Saturday, I'm snarky. On Sunday, I try to tell a story in six sentences. My blog is current, and I don't even have to be near a computer!

Participation is straightforward. Submit a link to the host site between 6:00 pm Tuesday and 11:59 pm on Saturday. Post a six sentence excerpt on your blog on Sunday, (I schedule! It posts while I'm sleeping.) Six Sentence Sunday posts the blog hop at 9 am on Sunday. It just seems silly not to.

(All times mentioned in this post are US Eastern.)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful written, I could feel and believed his terror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in with this snippet. I really felt the terror, too, and I'm curious about the royal court that these characters are a part of. More, more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does sound scary. Intriguing six, Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing and beautifully descriptive. Love his voice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for commenting. I love Mia. She's a favorite of mine. I will do something with her eventually...even if it isn't this story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a scary girl! LOVE IT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this sounds interesting. I want to know more too!

    ReplyDelete