Friday, March 18, 2011

The Most Awesome Pass...EVER

Notice I said 'pass' and not 'rejection'. Weronika emailed me today and she is passing on January Black. While I am disappointed, the email actually made me very, very happy. She said:


"...You have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful concept here, and it's backed by great writing, characters, voice, etcIn the end, however, I don't feel passionate enough about the project to be the best advocate for it -- I've not been able to figure out why exactly, though I've been mulling over the manuscript for a few days now. I tend to have more literary YA tastes, so perhaps this wasn't literary enough for me, personally.


I think you will definitely find an agent for this, so I encourage you to query widely."

Holy crap! How cool is that?! So...she passed. WTFE. Weronika Janczuk of D4EO has made my list of coolest people on planet Earth...along with my son, my husband, and Neal Stephenson. And Katee Sackhoff. Seriously, how can there be a list of cool people without Starbuck. (Those of you who watched BSG know what I mean. The rest of you...your homework is to watch Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-5. Or Season 1, Episode 5 if it's all you can manage.)

Gotta go read my son a book. And make a list of agents to query. 

No comments:

Post a Comment