Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Projects

I decided to send JB out to 2 publishers for now...if neither bite, hopefully one or the other will respond with a critique...I can polish and send to two more.

I'm determined not to look at JB until then, so I am occupying myself with two new projects. I've mentioned Dreams Awake before. I think first draft might even come in under 15k. I've been able to get the key scenes in and it's moving along quickly.

Gossamer is an idea I've been kicking around for a while. It started as a rewrite of Circle of the Butterfly, which was scrapped when I realized the original was fine and pulled 80k words out of it instead. But I really liked a lot of what I wrote, so I've been cannibalizing it. One still frame image became January Black. And now, one chapter has become the Gossamer Prologue.

If I can put all of the pieces in my head together, Gossamer will be a novel length, Science Fiction Romance. Alternate timeline/steampunk. 

I'm toying with the idea of having Germany win World War II by mounting a campaign on the Middle East instead of Russia. One theory suggests that if German had control of oil, that they would have won the war no problem. Think about that. No Cold War with Russia. No East/West Berlin. No wall for Reagan to demand be torn down. No NATO. No United Nations. The suggestion is that with the US isolated, Germany could have mounted an attack and we'd be living under a Swastika now. 

I'm thinking no to that. Like I said...playing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment